The client is an award-winning leading private tutoring provider with 145 centres across the UK. Whilst the service is usually in-centre, the COVID-19 pandemic has meant that much of the tutoring has been done virtually over the past year.
The client’s revenue and reputation depend on the success and stability of several key digital applications:
- The main website, where users can find centres, book a tutoring session and learn more about the service
- Compass, which is used to deliver online tutoring services remotely to students in their homes
- The Member’s Area, which is used by parents to manage their membership and track the progress of their children’s tutoring
- Dora, which is a tool used by staff to manage their business, and facilitates important administrative tasks such as billing, session booking and membership management
These applications had been built and developed by an agency partner who designed a cloud-native solution hosted on Microsoft Azure. They required an additional partner who could support the full stack whilst the agency is out of the office, saving them headaches overnight and at weekends.
Our team set up intensive monitoring for each critical application:
- Full-page load and uptime monitoring for the Umbraco web application running on Azure PaaS for the Members Area
- Real-time infrastructure monitoring for the Azure Kubernetes service powering Compass and Dora, Azure PaaS for the Members Area, and the Azure SQL databases where student profiles and curriculum data is stored
These monitors ensure that our Incident Management team can quickly identify any issues as they occur and escalate them and that our engineers can pick these up and triage them. Backup monitors have also been set up for an extra layer of security.
- Site stability and uptime has been greatly improved since starting support
- All incidents have been responded to well within the 30 minute SLA, with an average response time of just 7 minutes
OTHER CASE STUDY
Tribeca Film Festival: Tribeca Games
Supporting the virtual games platform at the globally renowned arts event
Working together with Guide Dogs to support their application and infrastructure
Shaping a global luxury hospitality group's cloud environment for stability and scalability