Global automotive giant Ford have 40+ market websites, responsible for millions in sales annually. Ford use their sites to promote their vehicle ranges to prospective customers and attract potential buyers to book test drives. Ford expect a 50% conversion rate from booking a test drive to making the purchase. For second vehicle purchasing, 67% of buyers stay with the same brand, test drives are big business.
When we took on Ford’s web platform support, they were experiencing regular downtime, losing several hours of exposure and key staff were being called out of hours to fix unnecessary issues. Downtime was equating to 100 missed test drive bookings per market per week, across the 40 markets this translated to potential missed sales of 2,000 vehicles (<$40m) globally.
In partnership with VML and Ford, our vision was to return operational stability and put a sustainable model in place for future growth, with total potential savings and uplift in revenue of circa $40m in annual sales.
To do this, JAM provided:
- Round the clock infrastructure and application support fully integrated with global agency VML and Ford’s in-house teams
- Issue triaging to allow developers to work on bugs according to their priority level
- Operations and automation consultancy
As a result, across Ford’s 40 international markets, we achieved:
- 99.98% uptime year round with no critical incidents recorded in the last year.
- Saved over 1000’s of IT support hours which can be re-directed back to competitive innovation
- Potential of $40m dollars in saved sales leads
OTHER CASE STUDIES
2 phase modernisation solution and 24/7 support full-stack for on-demand transport company
Equatorial Marine Fuel Logistics Company (EMF)
Infrastructure build, migration, and 24/7 support for major player in the bunkering industry.
Bupa Aged Care
24/7 application support for global healthcare giant.