We are looking for an experienced AWS engineer with an AWS Professional accreditation to join our team. Our AWS Engineers are solution designers, problem solvers and developers that are critical to our business and the business of our clients. The role is varied and includes everything from DevOps tooling, code reviews, branching strategy, CI/CD, test automation, packaging, release management, infra as code and configuration and incident resolution. You will be helping our agency partners and our clients to build better applications and design more robust solutions using AWS.
- Consult our clients on AWS services, from both a strategic and operational point of view
- Develop strategies that will help clients optimise their cloud infrastructure to ensure they are getting the best return
- Deliver our clients’ cloud projects – designing, developing, testing and deploying infrastructure on AWS
- Undertake AWS well architected reviews for our clients
- Optimise our clients’ AWS services
- Build pipelines for integration
- Work and build relationships with our clients
This role is for someone who can work remotely from Malta.
You will most likely be working on web applications with an agency or for a client directly and want to work on a larger variety of clients in a growing flexible start-up environment. You are likely from a development or DevOps/SysOps background and you love to play with new technology and solve issues. You read about new technology all the time, know your PaaS from your IaaS and your FaaS, can code in one more languages and don’t mind getting your hands dirty to help out the team. We’d love you to join us if you are:
- Able to work on complex system with a small team
- Able to pick things up and learn quickly
- Able to work independently on individual initiatives and/or team projects
Inquisitive in nature
- Have excellent Communication skills
- Knowledgeable about IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices
- Knowledgeable in PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and FaaS offerings
Skills and tech
You are AWS accredited with a minimum of Associate level, but preferably Professional level. You are likely to have a Computer Science degree or similar educational qualifications and be working with some of the tools and platforms listed below. You have AWS application development experience but you also have a good knowledge of other cloud services like Azure and GCP.
Core: Azure, AWS, Microsoft Servers, Linux Servers, Terraform, Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus, VST, Sitecore, SQL Databases (MySQL, MSSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB)
Others: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Chef, Atlassian, Splunk, Nuget, Chocolatey, CloudWatch, App Insights, Umbraco, Kentico, Sitefinity, Adobe AEM, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, CDN, SOLR, Redis (or equivalent caching application).
Just After Midnight
We are one of the most well respected 24/7 application support teams in the industry. We are the go-to support partner for protecting digital revenue and reputation, through cloud hosting services and DevOps design and implementation.
We are in our third year of operation and growing very fast, with staff and offices in London, Singapore, Australia, Malta and the US. Our clients include global and national brands such as Vodafone, Ford, Volvo, and Everton FC.
We are made up of a mixed bunch of night owls, early birds, part-timers and 9-5ers. We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people to join us. Working here means being in an environment where self-motivation, discipline and flexibility are the norm.
Benefits and salary
- A competitive salary
- Opportunities for travel and transfer between offices
- Flexible working – we all come from different background and personal situation. We want you to be able to do your job, whilst still being able to handle your personal commitments.
- Health benefits
- Company pension
- Committed to equal opportunities
- A fund dedicated to your learning and development